Sunday, May 24, 2009

After 6 1/2 years, the tooth fairy has come!




Isabelle has finally lost a tooth. She is almost 7 years old. She has been waiting and wishing she could finally lose a tooth. It was loose for a few days, but she wouldn't let me yank it out. She kept coming up with different places she might lose her tooth and what would she do at each place. I asked her if she lost her tooth at school what they would do. Ben said you would go to the health office and they would give you a tooth box for your tooth and you could wear it around your neck the rest of the day. As he said this, a light bulb went off in Isa's head and I didn't her one more word about that tooth the rest of the night or the next morning. I knew she had planned to lose her tooth at school just so she could get the tooth box. I forgot about her tooth until she got home from school and what was around her neck, but a little plastic box shaped like a tooth and tied around her neck with dental floss. When she gets her mind set on something, she makes it happen.


Isabelle's first grade play called Oceans of Fun. She sang the songs constantly for weeks beforehand, so when we went to the performance, the whole family was singing along.



3 comments:

korie said...

Wow Yippe I bet she was soooo happy. I remember how exciting it was when I was a kid and I know it's a big deal around here!

Quarantine Coronacation said...

Isabelle had to wait a LONG time. Will yanked his out early. It has taken 4 months for that tooth to come in. So then your tooth fairy showed up? Wow, you must be a favorite.

Meridith said...

I love this story.....I can't get enough of that darling face. Love you Isa!