

Last night we went to American Idol. Thanks to my sister Megan who got the tickets and couldn't go. I will take her next time if I ever get the chance to go again. We got all dressed up. There were many rules to what to wear and what to bring. We don't have any pics from the inside because no phones or cameras are allowed. We got there early to get in line and were 35-38. We waited for a few hours outside the studio. Most people were pleasant who worked there, but 1 guy was a little grouchy. I had my ID, but then he said everyone over 18 needed their IDs. Debbie and Andrea ran to the car and we were hoping they would get back in time to check in so we didn't lose our place in line. They did check my ID 5 times, but they didn't even look at the other girls. They could have flashed a piece of plastic with nothing on it. We didn't realize that it doesn't really matter where you are in line, they randomly give you tickets. They look at how you look and how blond you are, then give you tickets. We wanted to be in the pit, so after we got our tickets we asked if we could switch. Two different workers assured us that we did not want to switch our tickets for the pit. This was after Debbie had one of them sitting on her lap. Thanks for the good seats Matt. When we went into the studio, we realized that we did have the best seats. We were on the second row of chairs behind Randy and more importantly- Zac Efron. They moved him back and forth in the studio several times. It also suprised me that the judges come in and out of the theater every time there is a commercial or break in the show. They had to walk right in front of us. We high fived Randy and smiled and waved at the rest. We yelled "We love you Simon" and he was smiling at us and waving. They were about 2 ft away from us. Debbie was about to ask Zac for an autograph, the Simon had to talk to him. Thanks alot Simon. Zac and Paula were smaller in real life, the rest of them what I thought. We were also sitting by the family members of all of the Idols. When they pan to Matt's friends you can see me on the end of the row clapping. We met Danny Gokies family from Wisconsin. We didn't actually see Miley Cyrus or Jennifer Hudson, because they were prerecorded. We had a great time and would love to go back. As we were walking out, we checked out all of the parking spaces of the judges. Paula had a land rover, Ryan had an ashton martin, Randy had some black sports car and Kara had a silver Ford Focus. We are hoping that wasn't her car, but maybe an assistants. We weren't looking in all of them either. To top it all off, after we left, we went to Cheesecake factory at the grove and our waiter tells us David Spade is in the patio eating. Andrea and Debbie walk by trying to get a walk by photo, which doesn't work. I casually look in and see him. Then he decides he has to use the restroom. We grab him and ask if we can take a picture with us. He says he will use the bathroom and then come back. He actually came back and you can see the pics below. We had a great time and would love to go back again.

6 comments:
Thanks Rachel for thinking of me. I had a great time with everyone. It was a awesome day/night experience. I am blessed to have a friend like you:) Deb
So fun!
another reason to miss living in LA:(
Looks like a great time. Love the pics. I noticed Zac's silly hat so I wasn't looking behind him or I might have seen you. If you've got it on dvr, I want to come see. How fun!
Rad! Sounds fun. Love the David Spade photo!
I want to come and see it too Rach. Give me a call when you are showing it. I haven't seen it yet.
How fun! I bet you are the coolest Mom ever! Sorry I missed seeing you when I watched it.
Post a Comment