Friday, February 20, 2009

1 million dollars

It all started in June of 1999 when we saw the 2nd Austin Powers movie. It must have been on our mind when Ben was born in Sept 1999, when we took this picture. We just thought the movie was so funny.

Do you see a resemblence?


You can click on this link and watch the clip from the movie.
Austin Powers - 100 Billion Dollars - Video

The reason this has come to mind is because Isabelle had to do yet another report for school. I hate reports, so anything to make us laugh instead of dread it, is welcome. This time her report was on the Declaration of Independence. She can barely say that let alone National Archives, Revolutionary War, Second Continental Congress, Thomas Jefferson and the list goes on and on. At the end of her report, she was supposed to tell an interesting fact. Her fact was that a man bought an original copy of the Declaration of Independence at a flea market for $4 and sold it for $8.4 million. While helping her memorize her 2 minute oral report over and over, I told her to spice it up by putting her pinkie finger upto her mouth and say 8.4 million dollars just as it is said in Austin Powers. We had a few good laughs over it, but she has never seen the movie, so doesn't quite understand why it is funny.

She went to school the next day and I asked her how it went. She told me that at the end of her report when she said 8.4 million dollars, she did what I told her and her teacher started laughing so hard and thought it was hilarious. She even went and told the other teachers.

I honestly didn't mean for her to really do it at school. Ben will barely talk in front of people, let alone draw attention to himself, so I thought Isa would also get embarassed. I guess not. Anyway maybe you will get a laugh out of all of this just like we did.

3 comments:

korie said...

I did! I needed a good laugh today.

Quarantine Coronacation said...

Too funny. I need to see that! Way to go Isabelle. . .spicing up American History. Maybe she will be a teacher one day. I can see it happening!

Stewarts said...

Thats Hi-larious! Way to go Iz. You are too funny.