Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Little Children

In the scriptures it says to be as little children. I always associated this with being meek, humble and submissive. The past few weeks, I have pondered on what else it might mean. I thought of a few things little children do, that we don't usually do as adults. Here are a few:


1. Only sleep as much as they need.

2. Only eat as much as they need.

3. Are extremely honest in all opinions and observations

4. Love to run around the beach in nothing but their swimsuit while doing cartwheels

5. Never run out of energy

6. Laugh all of the time

7. Love to learn

8. Love to be silly

9. Love to get dirty and don't care

10. Never say they are too busy or too tired to do something

11. Loved to be loved- to give hugs and kisses

12. Are very close to the spirit and heaven all of the time

13. Love you despite your faults

14. Forgiving- don't hold a grudge

15. Curious- love to explore

16. Fascinated by simple things like a lizard or a bug

17. Swim in freezing cold water

18. Love to help with anything

19. Barefeet always

20. No concept of time

21. Completely trust you

22. Always ready to jump on the bed or wrestle

23. Sincere

These are a few I thought of. What are some more that you can think of?

3 comments:

Robyn said...

nicely posted. Right now I would settle for listening to parents, but your list is perfect. Kids are such blessings.

Quarantine Coronacation said...

Great post.

They run through the sprinklers naked.

They aren't afraid to try new things, unless it is green leafy vegetables.

They don't care if they pass gas in public, and even think its funny, and if its a boy, it is something to be proud of.

love to sing out loud and make up their own songs.

They make friends easily. One minute they don't know each other and the next they are best friends running, chasing and laughing.

they like to clean until they realize what they are doing...

They wish they were older...

korie said...

I love your list! Here you go sneaking another post in. The date says a week ago. Why am I just seeing this today! Thanks for being you. I need this list today. Dealing with Avery sick, being out of town, and well you know the rest. This was a nice reminder of why we do it all.