Friday, December 5, 2008

craft time

Isabelle loves to do crafts. She is constantly creating something. She doesn't like t.v. much or doing traditional things like playing dolls. She has her own craft supplies and she walks in the door after school, rarely says hi and heads straight to the crafts. She plays school in her room and gives us homework assignments and craft projects to make. She can even get on her familyfun.com and find crafts and printables and she prints them out and types up word documents all on her own. She is very independent, which I know will help her later in life, but is difficult when she is still only 6.
I was able to accompany her on her school field trip to the Sawdust Factory. The project was to paint a craft project. She loved it. She was the first student done out of 50 kids. Then she helped me help the other students finish.






Waiting in line to paint


Isa and her best friend Lindsey


Isa and mom at the field trip.
We had a day of fun and Isa had Audrey come over and Luke had Derek come over. I gave them a bag of gumdrops and some toothpicks and they were creating for about 45minutes. These are the gumdrop turkeys they made.





















2 comments:

Stewarts said...

Look at you go! You blogging momma!
I love Isabell. She is so spirited and such a ball of constant energy. How fun that you were able to go on the field trip.

Quarantine Coronacation said...

Good friends,good times, yummy candy turkeys. A great day! Any day with candy is great. I know, I hear it from my kids all the time