Thursday, March 19, 2009
Rhyming Words
The last few weeks in preschool we have been working on rhyming words. Today at the end of the class, we were going through many of the rhyming words we have been working on. For example, I would say "cat", then the kids would say hat, fat, rat, etc. They try so hard and the expressions on their faces are pure concentration trying to go through the alphabet to think of a word that rhymes. The kids are becoming very fast at this. Today I started to laugh out loud when we were practicing, because the kids were saying so many swear words. They don't even know what bad words are at this age besides stupid or shut up. Luke is especially loud and would shout out a swear word over and over until I tell him good job for rhyming. I thought should I reward them for thinking of a rhyming word or tell them not to say it because it is not a good word to say. I did both, but it didn't matter, because as soon as I said the next word to rhyme with, they said another one. I tried to avoid such words, but these kids are creative and come up with words I would never have thought of. If your child goes to my preschool and says these rhyming words that are bad, sorry. It was actully quite funny and I loved their innocence not knowing these are not words to repeat. If anyone needs a good laugh, come to preschool with me when we work on rhyming words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That was a good one!
Rhyming words are fun
especially in the sun,
to shout them is a joy
for every girl and boy
choose good words
and don't be crass
or you'll be kicked
in the shin!
That is sooo true and so funny. I loved that kind of stuff and couldn't wait for Rangi to get home to tell him, I found your blog by the way and it is really cute! Sara
too funny! first of all hello. i didn't know you had a blog until recently, it's so fun. we never get to talk much, because i just rush to get the girls there for a quick drop off. so we'll have to plan sometime to get everyone together just to hang out. kate loves preschool and she must just wear herself out talking your ear off there because she will come home and crash. i love every cute little project you do with the kids, you're so creative!! talk to you soon.
What are you teaching those kids lady! :)
Post a Comment